Friday, September 16, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Hello Friends,

As a long-time advocate for those in- need and an activist for equal rights, I have always wanted to take my passion overseas and change the lives of those less fortunate. I have recently been selected to represent Canada on Youth Challenge International’s Tanzania project. With my diverse and applicable experience and education I hope to make a difference in the lives of youth that have not had the same priviledges and opportunities as myself.

After high school, I achieved a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and began working with children in social services, providing specialized care to those affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder and other related exceptionalities for a nonprofit organization. After several years, I returned to school to complete a Post-Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management and I am now working on my professional designation (CHRP). I am very excited to not only have one of my dreams come true but also help youth at an international level. To empower people to make changes in their own lives and in their own communities is something that I have always strived to do. Whether it was the youth that I work with at the group home, the students at Georgian, or the youth I support through PFLAG (Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays), I love to help people see the positive in themselves that allows them to succeed!

With an aspiration to combine my education, experience, and passion for serving others to discover my niche in the world, whether it is local or international, I am incredibly excited to participate in YCI’s Tanzania Project.

Sincerely,

Ben Yurkiw

No comments:

Post a Comment