Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Canada

Sitting here after work thinking about how thankful I am for my family and friends.
 I just wanted to share a few things us Canadians can be thankful for on Thanksgiving:
  1. Not having to sleep under mosquito nets to protect you from malaria
  2. Hot showers (hot water)
  3. Minimum Wage
  4. Health Care
  5. Life Expectancy as high as we have (Tanzania is 56)
  6. Toilets (not having to squat to use the facilities)
  7. Public Transportation
  8. Education 
  9. Social Services
  10. Safe Drinking Water - Unless you experience contaminated water first hand, you will never know the impact on your life. 
 I hope you are all enjoying Thanksgiving and please take the time to recognize some things we can be grateful for, living in our country.

 Duncan, Julie and I in the back of a taxi on our way to the bus depot in Dar es Salaam - traveling to Morogoro

1 comment: